With some of the Covid-19 restrictions now starting to be lifted, it is important now more than ever to look after your physical and mental health.
The latest guidance from the government regarding gyms and personal training indoors can be found HERE
Some of the measures I've taken for returning to the indoor gym include (but not limited to):
- NO CHARGE FOR LATE CANCELLATIONS IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- I'm allowing 15 minutes between each client to spray and sanitise surfaces frequently touched (bars, benches, handles etc)
- 15 minutes also allows appropriate social distancing between clients
- I'm steam mopping the floor and equipment every evening (or morning before first client)
- I'm keeping windows open all the time, even with air conditioning on, to allow fresh air in
- There is hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes available
- If you do feel you have symptoms or have returned from a country where isolation is required, please take appropriate measures
- If you do arrive early, please could you wait in your car until your appointment is due to start, allowing me enough time to clean the gym sufficiently
The latest guidance from the government regarding personal training outdoors can be found HERE
As the guidance says, PT’s are allowed to train in groups of up to 5 at any one time, outdoors. With the use of my outside training facility, I am easily able to comply with the requirements of maintaining a 2 metre distance and I carry out a strict equipment cleaning routine.